Vibe Host Program
Whether you’re in between jobs, looking to meet new people, or simply have a passion for giving back to your community, the Vibe Host Program is your chance to get involved with the Vibe Coworks community on a whole new level.
The Host Program is a work-trade program, offering the opportunity to trade up to nine hours per week of your time staffing the Welcome Desk, in exchange for unlimited access to Kitsap’s most dynamic workspace, meeting rooms, and professional community.
Vibe Hosts are…
… the Captains of our space on the day-to-day, and the glue that keeps the Vibe community together. We like to call our Hosts Space Captains.
Our Space Captains get a thrill from multi-tasking, have exceptional people skills, are comfortable with technology, and pride themselves on being the very definition of reliable. They’re natural helpers, communicators and problem solvers who approach everything they do with sincerity, care and fun.
Vibe Hosts are diverse, too. We have varied political views and backgrounds, including race, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, age, socio-economic status, national origin, sexual orientation, ability and religion. We know that diversity is part of the secret sauce that enables us to excel as a team.
Each of our Space Captains has a little different “Why” for what makes their time with us in this role a great fit. A few examples:
- The Savvy Entrepreneur :: Supercharged their network of clients, vendors and contractors in support of their own early-stage businesses.
- The Recent Graduate :: Got to know professionals from a wide range of industries and areas of expertise to help guide next life steps and career path choices, while also gaining valuable work experience (yes, we give great job references!).
- The New Transplant :: Recently moved to the area and discovered that Space Captain-ing is basically like drinking from a firehose when it comes to meeting new people and getting all the local insider tips on life in Kitsap.
- The Career Transitioner :: Stayed active and involved with a great community of people while re-evaluating personal and professional life goals, using the routine of time at Vibe as a source of consistency when everything else was feeling willy-nilly. It’s proven to be a great way to re-enter the workforce after years spent in caretaking roles, too.
- The Penny Saver :: Did someone say a free Unlimited membership? Heck yes! Knocked out two birds with one stone, covering the cost of their membership with their time, instead of dollars, and had fun doing it, too.
- The All-Star Volunteer :: Gets an adrenaline high from giving back to the community, and wanted to share their time and talents with the Vibe community in a deeper way, too.
- The Super Vibist :: The long-time Vibe member who just can’t get enough, they wanted the chance to see behind the curtain and experience Vibe from a whole new perspective.
Why become a Host?
The Vibe Host program is ideal for people who want to be immersed in ‘that place’ where Kitsap’s modern professionals love coming to work. Our Hosts create a positive, welcoming environment—they know our members and their businesses by name, making them feel welcome, special, connected and armed with the resources they need to operate in a focused, productive work environment.
In exchange, you’ll be compensated with an unlimited monthly Vibe membership for the six month period that you’re serving as a Space Captain (valued at $2,142) and invited to join the team on quarterly social outings. A few examples of past outings have included kayaking, bowling, brewery + winery visits and more.
You’ll also get the chance to meet someone who could change your life on any given day—professionally, personally or both.
What do Hosts do?
Vibe Hosts welcome each of our members and guests as they arrive, make them feel at home, and go above and beyond to make sure that every person who walks through our door has what they need to do their very best work at Vibe, and have fun while they’re doing it. That includes:
- Welcoming every member and guest with enthusiasm and energy!
- Handling phone and in-person inquiries
- Managing, booking and prepping meeting rooms
- Giving tours to potential members and guests
- Explaining membership and helping new Vibists get their membership up and running
- Making it sparkle: they keep our space clean and tidy
- Helping to organize and participate in community events
- Providing basic office tech support (printers, copier, AV equipment, etc.)
- Keeping office supplies stocked and ready to go
- Increasing efficiency: our Hosts suggest new ways of improving the Vibe member experience
- Choose your own adventure! Each of our Hosts has a diverse set of skills, and we want to celebrate that with you! What else can you do to support our operations and community?
What’s the commitment?
A six-month commitment of either one full day or two half days per week during our staffed business hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm.
In addition to your scheduled shift, we ask all Vibe Hosts to join us for one team lunch per month.
Last, but not least…
We expect professionalism and want to know you’re committed. This role is integral to our mission, so please only apply if you are serious about the opportunity.
Vibe Coworks is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our community is committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from varied backgrounds, including race ethnicity, gender and gender identity, age, socio-economic status, national origin, sexual orientation, ability and religion.